About This App
Photo Gallery is an in-house developed app by ASUSTOR. It allows you to create a unique network photo album that you can share with your family and friends.
1. Please update Photo Gallery to 2.0.1.r351 or above if PHP7 is installed.
2. ASUSTOR recommends updating Photo Gallery to 2.0.1.r341 or above if ADM is updated to 3.3.0 Beta.
3. Photo Gallery 2.0 supports all ASUSTOR NAS devices running ADM version 2.5.3 and onwards.
4. After installed Photo Gallery 2.0, all thumbnails will be re-generated again.
5. Photo Gallery 2.0 must be used in conjunction with AiFoto 2.0.
Key features for the Photo Gallery 2.0 version:
- 'Album' and 'Browse' viewing modes: 'Album' mode, organizes all the photos from the various subfolders of an album into a single level for convenient browsing while 'Browse' mode allows users to browse through photos in detail according the album and subfolder infrastructure.
- Multi-level folder structure support: In “Browse” mode users can create multiple levels of subfolders. And for second level folders can assign permissions, providing flexibility for permissions management.
- Concealable side navigation bar: Provides album thumbnails and total photo count for each album.
- User preferences: Individual users can decide whether to show the total number of comments and whether or not to have the side bar automatically open to the location of the current album being viewed. Users can also change the interface language and configure image quality according to browsing device, optimizing the browsing experience.
- Intuitive sorting: Ability to sort images in ascending or descending order according to file name or time taken.
- Adjustable browsing: Supports photo wall, 1:1, 4:3 and 16:9 image ratios for display along with ability to scale down images to a minimum of 0.60 times. The number of photos shown per page can also be configured (50, 100, 250, 500, 1000).
- Automatic image rotation to correct orientation, saving time and energy.
- Comprehensive search function: Can use keywords to search within specified albums and folders. Can also specify search criteria such as file name, album name, file description, comments, commenter, time taken, time uploaded and tags.
- One-click sharing to social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Plurk, email)
- Intuitive drag and drop management: In “Browse” mode, supports directly dragging and dropping photos to move them.
- Can configure album cover and tags (for single photo or batch of photos).
- Slideshow viewing mode
- Provides comment function for users to interact with each other.
- Supports a wide range of image formats: RAW, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF
- Supports video playback
What's new in this version?
-1.Fixed the share-link incorrect problem when Photo Gallery not log-in.
-2.Fixed number order incorrect problem.
-3.Fixed some display abnormal issue.
- Add support for 2-step verification
- Fixed some share-link incorrect issues
- Adjust framework for PHP 7.0
- Fixed some share-link incorrect issues
*Note: Please update Photo Gallery to 2.0.1.r351 or above if PHP7 is installed.
- Fixed issue " Share-link incorrect under ezconnect mode"
- Add supports for Btrfs snapshot restoration.
*Note: ASUSTOR recommends updating Photo Gallery to 2.0.1.r341 if ADM is updated to 3.3.0 Beta.
- Delete the message that suggests installation of the vlc when clicking on the new tab to preview movie under IE browser
- Fixed issue to show user account while non admin user edit the privilege of album.
- Fixed issue to display photo correct orientation if upload photos from File explorer.
- Fixed issue "After uploading photos, the covers of album appear incorrectly rotated".
-Fixed unable to download videos issue
-Fixed issue "When browsing results by using advanced search, the thumbnails are wrong"
Please update ADM to 3.1.1, or you can not update photo gallery to 2.0.1.r331.
- support HEIC photos
- Support ADM 3.1
- Fixed issue “When user's privilege of album is upload, they shouldn't have the right to add tags”
- Fixed issue “idle for a period of time will cause upload fail”
- Fixed issue "When use advanced search, there are no left and right arrow symbol on calendar of time taken (files)"
- Fixed issue "Unable to display thumb of RAW, if you move Photo Gallery share folder to Volume 2"
- When use internet passthrough to connect to NAS, disable share to function.
- Fixed issue "Unable to successfully upload files from AiFoto"
- Fixed issue "Watch videos in full screen mode, unable to show video control bar"
- Fixed issue "When not login Photo Gallery, incorrect display of ui strings.
- Fixed issue "When choose High Quality in Settings and upload from pc to NAS, unable to show correct thumb in full screen mode"
- Fixed issue "When access album, always show loading"
- Support to move PhotoGallery share folder to another disk volume. (At first, you have to remove Photo Gallery app, and then you can use Access Control to move PhotoGallery share folder.)
Notice: After changing to another volume and install Photo Gallery app, all thumbnails will be re-generated again, and cannot save owner of the album, privilege, cover, tag, comment.
- Fixed issue "set straight photo as a cover, the picture will be wrong "
- Fixed issue "In Browse mode, should remove set as a cover function for undefined album"
- Fixed issue "username too long won't fit in username field"
- Fixed "database migration error from PG1 to PG2" issue
* In some cases, you might need to go to ADM [Services] > [MariaDB Server] to disable and enable MariaDB to apply the fix.